1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD Tv and Fireplaces. Advice needed

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by flingingwings, Oct 17, 2004.

1. flingingwings

flingingwings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm not the most technically minded and having spoken to a couple of retailers and manufacturers I'm now a touch confused.

Interested in purchasing either a 30" Sharp Aquous or Loewe Xelos LCD and realise that personal preference will probably help the final choice.

My query is to do with wall mounting. My only available wall is above a wood burning stove that we use. Wall above doesn't seem to get that hot and room is no warmer than my central heating would make it.

Have spoken to a few suppliers some have said go ahead tv can be mounted above the fireplace, others have said ' we don't advise it, but what you do with the tv is up to you'.

Anybody here mounted an LCD tv above a used fireplace?
    And if wall mounting in my circumstances would be madness any innovative suggestions for alternative mounting greatly received.

Cheers

FW

2. JH4

JH4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    I take it the flue won't be in the way. Wood burners don't smoke into the room, so the screen should not get too dirty. If you mount it quite high above the stove it should be OK, but some big screen LCDs are quite heavy.They don't run that hot, though, so I reckon you could be allright. A good idea maybe would be to put a thermometer where it will fit on the wall, and check the temp, when the fire has been on a while.