• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LCD TV advice - 1080P

P

peanuthead

Hey Tom

As far as i am aware you cant get a full hd lcd tv at those sizes.. i think the smallest is 32", but please someone correct me if i am wrong.

Just wondering why you want or need 1080p on such a small screen? If you check the chart on this link, Chart: 1080P Does Matter - CarltonBale.com you will see that you need at least a 32" to only JUST be able to start noticing the difference between 720p and 1080p.

I have just ordered a 32" full hd from Samsung for 520 uk pounds, only because i intend sitting very close to it, due to the set up in my room, otherwise another foot or so and i wouldnt have bothered, i woulda got just a 720p and saved myself a fair bit of money.

Anyways, check the chart if you need further clarification on sitting distances and sizes vs resolutions etc..

Good luck.

P

peanuthead

Thanks for the chart! What resolution is 1080p?

I have found this Buy Samsung 24IN Digital LCD TV. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

And this Buy Samsung 22in Widescreen LCD. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

What's the difference between 1900x1200 and 1680x1050?

Hey Tom

The resolution for 1080p is 1920 x 1080.
The two screens you are looking at are by the looks of it, series 6 with the rose black finish. Very nice to look at, and a nice dinky size too, but a fair whack of money for what you get. Have you thought about something like the Samsung LE32A457? Good features, including 24p which is apparently good if you are a movie buff.

There are so many tvs out there, and they all do something different, or claim too, its a nightmare to decide, but worth doing your research, and other people who are far more knowledgeable on here than me are always here to help with questions you cant find answers to.

Good luck

Tom`

So the second TV in the link with 1680x1050 resolution is sub 1080p? I'm buying this mainly to use with a PS3 and would like a TV that can display 1080p, all-be-it slightly upscaled or not!

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom