1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD tuning...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by MattDX, Jan 28, 2005.

1. MattDX

MattDX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I've heard the standard CRT tuning DVDs are no good for tuning an LCD screen. Just got mine and wondered if anyone had any tips???

2. Judders

Judders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it depends on what LCD you have. I have a Sharp 32GA4E and there's plenty of info on the forum and suggested settings. But a lot of people swear by the DVE DVD for LCD calibration (haven't tried it myself). Search this forum for DVE and I'm sure you'll find loads of info.

HTH.

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    With DVE, the basic test for contrast is inappropriate to LCD - it works by adjusting contrast until a white box edge blooms. With a fixed display such as LCD, this does not work. But alternative test patterns are included, but are not explained so well and are not quite so 'right or wrong'.

I have no experience of Avia (or Avia pro which would be my preference if it supported PAL), but I have also used an American magazine's setup disc that I cannot remember the name of. Their basic setting for contrast worked fine for the plasma that I was calibrating as they used a different technique.

-Ian