LCD 'trails' - source or projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Darwock, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Darwock

Darwock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I nearly shat myself last night when this appeared - I was playing a game on the big screen (PS2 - ace combat 5) and watching a replay when all of a sudden I started getting massive trails - if the nose of my plane moved across a blue sky it would leave an afterimage of darker blue pixels. This started happening everywhere until I ended up with a kind of trippy 1970s music video effect, it looked almost like the PJ didn't have enough colour resolution to draw the picture properly!

I only use the component inputs, with three sources plugged into a switching box. I switched over to the xbox input and started up Outrun 2, which didn't display any evidence of this problem at all. I then put the PS2 back on and it was alright.

All this points to it being a source problem, but the symptoms could surely only have been caused by the LCD panels themselves!!

Any ideas?