LCD TIMER REMOTE CONTROL Shutter Release FOR Nikon D3100

John Muriel

Standard Member
Reaction score
i've got a timer remote for my nikon d3100, it works when i press the button on the remote, but when i try and do like a timelapse, it only presses the shutter down half way, so it doesnt actually take the picture. Please respond, as this is really starting to annoy me now

i have read the instructions and followed it step by step but no joy, It worked the first time i bought it after a few hors of tweaking with it< i can see the light flashing when i start it but it doesn't trigger the shutter

Please help im getting a bit frustrated

Can you post details of which timer-remote you bought ?

I have a very similar one for my Canon, the instruction are in the best chinglish and also it is not that intuitive to work out the delay, shutter duration and number of shots. It took me a couple of goes to get it right.

Did you turn your lens/camera to manual focus once you have set up the shot, this may help.

Not knowing the Nikon, did you set the shutter mode to remote/multiple shots as well ?

If you are after time lapse then you can always set the shutter speed to 30s, expose and lock in the aperture, focus and turn to manual focus, set multiple exposures mode, and then just lock down the shutter release. The camera will click away until you release the shutter lock.

Hope this helps.

i am using a nikon d3100, it has not remote shutter mode but i do have it on single mode and manual mode together with the lens

the shutter release button works but when i try to do timelapse i can see the timer counting down but it doesnt trigger the camera shutter

Does Does the shutter remote trigger the camera in simple remote cable mode ?

yes it does,even without batteries so I am guessing it must be something to do with the settings in both the camera or the shutter remote

see if this helps ?

Jim

I already watched this video a few times but nothing seems to work

I am getting frustrated may be i will just purchase a better one

have you any suggestions for which one to look out for?

thanks a lot btw

they look like the real mcCoy but thy are out of my badget though. i am a photography srtudent cant really afford those

thanks heaps i will keep them in mind for the near future

I already watched this video a few times but nothing seems to work

I am getting frustrated may be i will just purchase a better one

have you any suggestions for which one to look out for?

thanks a lot btw

Odd - does the trigger LED flash after the countdown ?

yes it does, it turns green a few seconds before it is supposed to trigger the shutter

the shutter doesnt release when it is supposed to

driving mad

yes it does, it turns green a few seconds before it is supposed to trigger the shutter

the shutter doesnt release when it is supposed to

driving mad

If I do a simple 4 second timed release it flashes green each second and then turns red and triggers the camera - does yours turn red after the countdown ?

yes does accurate, that's exactly what it does except it doesn't trigger the camera shutter

...could just be faulty I guess - just because the manual button triggers it doesn't mean that the electronics are connected to the cable....

but if that was the case it wouldnt work when i press the shutter manually

but if that was the case it wouldnt work when i press the shutter manually

But it could - the physical switch can still short out the connection needed but the electronics might not... you'd need to test with a meter to confirm...

it was working when i first got it i just cant remember what settings i used

what do you mean by test with a meter?

it was working when i first got it i just cant remember what settings i used

what do you mean by test with a meter?

If it was working originally then have you tried disconnecting the batteries to force a reset and test again ?

By test with a meter I meant that you should find that pressing the shutter button on the remote shorts out - or possibly opens the connection - between a couple of pins on the remote connector - so if you used a multimeter to check resistance between the pins as you should see a change when you press the button - then onec you've identified the trigger pins just check again with the countdown...

i tested it on other automatic modes like program , the flash pops out , again the shutter button doesnt trigger

i think i managed to work it out now,fingers crossed

thanks for your help

Great news - hope it all works out :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom