LCD TD downloading updates!

Bud123

Standard Member
Time to time I find my Philips 37PF552D-10 showing a screen which says "Downloading updates in progress" & the update complettion bar shows 45 minutes left. This happends when I leave the TV on standby & never seem to go beyond the point mentioned above. After a while I pull the plug & plug again & then it works fine.

This is a Freeview inbuilt, HD ready DVB TV.

Please let me know if you guys can help.:lease:
Many Thanks

Bud123

Standard Member
I didnt have anyone replying to this thread with suggested solutions. But I was able to get a solution from Philips. I will copy it below in case if anyone finds it usefull!
--------------------------
With regards to your query we can advise that the reason your 37PF5520D/10 does not complete the update is because there is currently no update to install.
In order to prevent this message asking you to install an update appearing on screen, you need to turn the option off in the menu by completing the following steps:
1/ First switch off the television from the mains for approximately 30 seconds, and then turn it back on again.
2/ Switch the television to the digital mode by pressing the ‘AV’ button and selecting ‘Digital TV’.
3/ Press and navigate to the following: Menu Digital>Setup>Information>System Software
4/ Select the option that says ‘Always accept new software’ and change the value to ‘No’
5/ Keep pressing the Menu Digital button to exit the menu.
We trust that the information provided will be of assistance.
:smashin:----------------------

Time to time I find my Philips 37PF552D-10 showing a screen which says "Downloading updates in progress" & the update complettion bar shows 45 minutes left. This happends when I leave the TV on standby & never seem to go beyond the point mentioned above. After a while I pull the plug & plug again & then it works fine.

This is a Freeview inbuilt, HD ready DVB TV.

Please let me know if you guys can help.:lease:
Many Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom