• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LCD shortlist, Help please!

XAI

Standard Member
Hi, I am about to get either a plasma, LCD or possibly a HD projector.
This is a list of the best LCD deals I can find and hope you can give me advice on what you think the best deal is.
I will sit around 4-5m away from the screen.
SONY KDL32P3020 - 410 POUNDS
PANASONIC TX 32LMD70 - 430 POUNDS
TOSHIBA REGZA 37X3030D - 700 POUNDS
SONY KDL37P3020U - 500 POUNDS
SONY KDL40V3000U - 740 POUNDS
SONY KDL40D3500U - 670 POUNDS

Thanks for any help you can give, or other suggestions in this price range.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Definitely the 40V3000.Its the best at this price range.The 40" is the very minimum as from your distance 46" would be the ideal

TheDean

Established Member
Definitely the 40V3000.Its the best at this price range.The 40" is the very minimum as from your distance 46" would be the ideal

Not as good as the Panasonic PX80. It can be had for £649 now which is over £100 cheaper than the V3000. I recently swapped my V3000 for th PX80 as I was not happy with the Black levels at all. It's also not the best at mition handling, but then again, plasmas are better than LCD's at this currently.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Yeah I said the V3000 because the list includes lcd...Yeah at motion department plasma are the best.As for the black levels now lcd has been equal to plasma(exept KURO).The new 40W4000 model has equal black level with PX80-PZ85

XAI

Standard Member
So would you go for a 42" plasma over a similar sized LCD? What about a projector instead?

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
What are your uses?

XAI

Standard Member
Hi, Sorry for late reply, I've been away,
I mainly will use it for Xbox 360 (must be HD), films (DVD as good quality as possible, will upgrade to Blue Ray in the next 12 months), T.V (mainly football, not really bothered about resolution too much - just decent).
Thanks

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
LCD then...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom