Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

LCD screens with good results from RF input?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by jimr, Apr 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. jimr

jimr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any suggestions? I'm on analogue cable so signal strength and quality possibly less of an issue than with normal ariel feed. Yeah, I know that that these screens benefit from a good signal but analogue cable is what its going to be for the moment.

Shortlist is Sharp LC26GA3 & Samasung LW26A33, though the Sharps are few and far between, DVI input is a must have also, for future plans.

:lease:

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    You could try a look at one of the smaller Loewe Xelos A series - it would be at least as good as the Sharp you mention and has HDMI input but at a price premium. My 32" Xelos handles analogue input admirably, based on an older chassis than the 'A' series so the newer ones could be better still. However since I have inherrent ghosting I stick with freeview. Some reviews have said that this display is not good on analogue, but it is certainly as good as my old Sony 21" CRT.

3. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Philips 9986 and I have had digital satellite TV for quite some time on an old CRT TV (connected via SCART RGB).
    There always was a very big difference in quality between analog cable and sat TV, and there were some channels where the picture was quite bad due to intermod.

When I first connected my 9986 I was really amazed! The picture quality on analog cable is nearly the same as on satellite, and all channels are perfect. Apparently a much better tuner.
    Lateron I got a box for digital cable, but due to incompetence at the cable company the picture on that is often worse than analog.

4. jimr

jimr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys, all comments gratefully received.
    I was beginning to think I was the only one on cable. :hiya:

5. mr-monday

mr-monday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I'm still on analogue cable even though digital was supposed to be installed in my area in January. Above comments very helpful.

6. jimr

jimr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else like to propose a good (or bad) screen when used on the RF input?