1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lcd rp or dlp rp

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by richabir, Oct 15, 2003.

1. richabir

richabir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could someone please help i am buying a new tv and stuck between two models the sony kf42sx200 and the lg RE-44SZ20RD which i have seen in my local currys but is on a shelf about 7 ft high an could not realy tell how good the picture is.but what video and tv have gave the picture a bad score.so if anyone has any advice please help.

2. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I've also seen the LG DLP RPTV in curry's and to be honest was distinctly unimpressed...

I was expecting pin sharp, vibrant, massive contrast etc.. but have to say that it just looks too soft, with dare I say it noticeably poorer contrast then the CRT RPTV's.. I tried to set the contrast/Brightness/Colour for the Top Gun DVD that was being used to 'show' the set off.. and I couldn't get the cinematic feel.. it always looked a little false... even the colours did not look right, reds were pinkish, etc.. and this is so off putting when all the Sets around it were spot on..

It did have a very uniform focus(although soft), which I would have said is slightly better then the CRT Models (Which are pinsharp until the extremities), but not that noticeable that I'd say it was a point worth considering....

So I hate to agree with the magazines on that one, but I think DLP is best left for front projection...