1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lcd rear projection tv's and xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by FerMeister, Oct 28, 2004.

1. FerMeister

FerMeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi y'all,

Can anybody tell me if they have experience with lcd rear projection tv's and xbox?

I want to buy a (very :clap: ) large tv, (no projector, cuz me thinks the screen quality will be better on tv), but am afraid that the lcd's cant handle the xbox in screen build up....

anybody any hands on exp? :lease:

thnx in advance,

Fer
    ps am thinking of the 60sx300 by sony....

2. johnnyhonk

johnnyhonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

No probs whatsoever...I have a Pana and my brother-in-law has an LG and both look smicko....although I have the hiDef kit so mine looks better :thumbsup:

It looks every bit as good as my Plasma.

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    For the money I would buy a projector, just my opinion. I have yet to see an RPTV that produces a better picture than a decent quality Projector.

4. FerMeister

FerMeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thnx for the reply Johnnyhonk,:thumbsup: ,U just made my day,

can you tell me what types U and yer bro-in-law have? might broaden my horizon in regards of pre-viewing... :hiya:

Fer

5. FerMeister

FerMeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thnx also Harrisuk, :thumbsup:

I am currently abroad, so cannot check physically for myself about yer stated quality diff, but was always of the understanding that a PRJ has worse pic quality than (rp)tv (?), in diff light surroundings (close the drapes, honey.... Same as that a crt rptv gives better quality than a lcd/dlp/lcos rptv (black). but the screen sizes are just not there for crt tv (in Holland at least)
    The other issue was I did not picture myself watching 'normal' tv on a 1,90 m screen;
    I was advised about the Benq8700+ PRJ on another forum, (similar price to tv), but dont feel thats for me just yet; maybe I will buy a PRJ next year, as extra.
    I am looking for PERFECT :D pic quality/size for my xbox gaming experience. When Im back in Holland, I WILL check out a prj anyways....

Fer