1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD questions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by NickXX, Jan 3, 2005.

1. NickXX

NickXX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I bit the bullet, and bought a 27" Tosh (27WL46) from Comet. Was going to wait for the 32WL48 to drop, but these things are going for £800 at the moment. Anyway, I'm very happy with it using it with a Panasonic Digibox and my PC (using the DVI input), but have a couple of q's.

Is it possible to output a 1280x720 (the panel's native res) over a DVI connection? I'm currently using the DVI connection to output a 1024x768 signal from my PC. I've tried to output the higher resolution with Powerstrip with no luck.

Also, it says in the manual that I shouldn't leave the TV on standby over night. Will this really damage the panel? I have it in my bedroom, and don't really want to get out of bed to turn it off before I go to sleep..

Many thanks in advance!

Nick

2. miika

miika
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It is possible to use 1280x720, but first the EDID of the display must be bypassed (or, in the future, updated).
    See:
    http://www.entechtaiwan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1970&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

An to the standby question, I never shut down my TV; it's always in standby when not in use. Since the background light is not on when in standby, I wouldn't be so worried about it.