LCD Purchase advice for beginner

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by kerplunkuk, Apr 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. kerplunkuk

kerplunkuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have spent lots of time reading posts here, and I have decided a LCD meets my requirements better than a plasma.
    I currently like the look of the Sony KVL30HR3, I do not require DVI but would like a good refresh rate as I play console games as well as enjoying sports.
    My budget is £1000 and 32" or 30" is preferable. Three scarts would be ideal.
    I have also looked at the Sharp LC32GA5E, but it seems a bit pricey. I like the Panasonic models but they all seem quite highly priced.
    I need the TV urgently as I am TV-less at the moment and lots of football beckons.

All help is appreciated.

2. WSB

WSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've been looking for a while too- but fortunately am not TV-less at the moment :)
    Started on a 42" plasma and moved down to a 32" LCD after reading all the blurb.
    Anyway- was gonna go for the tsoh a couple of months back but couldnt find anywhere in stock but have taken the plunge on the Relisys 32" model from novatech @ around £980 including delivery.
    This is hd compliant and all that jazz and posts on the forum have been quite flattering. I saw it in person and was suitably impressed enough to take the plunge. Its not in the same league as the phillips, etc but for sub £1000 i dont think theres much better.
    I havent set it up yet so more later.

3. dbeamish

dbeamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    thanks for the mention of the Realisys. I will investigate it. I am looking for a 32 LCD and that sounds good.. i was looking at the ACER before.. but Im not sure i like the look of it.