1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lcd projects inverted color

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by addy, Jan 13, 2005.

1. addy

addy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an NEC LT220 that starts out projecting fine and then in 10 or 20 minutes the picture starts flickering and then the colors look inverted (my blues look magenta, yellow looks green, etc.)

Has anyone had this problem? Some people ask me if the bulb needs replacing, and it is old enough to replace, but that can't cause a problem like that, can it?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,032
    I don't see any way in which an ageing bulb can cause what you are seeing. More likely an ageing component elsewhere. But I'm not expert enough to offer more.....

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    My guess would be a component is overheating, hence the time delay from power-on to the problem occuring, also the 'flickering' could indicate shorting or other circuit breakdown.

4. Cheddies

Cheddies
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when you turn it off/on quickly does it go back to normal/stay screwed/normal for a bit?
    that should help to tell you if it is heat related

5. addy

addy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it is heat related because if I turn it off and back on the colors are still wrong. It only flickers, though, while the color is changing--maybe 30-60 seconds. I've sent a projector back for repair before and we had to pay a lot for them to even open it, and then to fix it, they we going to charge more than it would have cost to get a new one. If someone has seen this problem before and had it successfully repaired, please let me know how much it cost.