LCD projectors prices

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by vep, Feb 17, 2003.

1. vep

vep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

I am new in projector world. I am deciding wheather to buy on now or should i wait for prices to fall.

In your opinion how fast will the prices of LCD projector fall and will they fall at all. As i said i am new here, so can you tell me how was the price droping in the past.

I think, and please correct me if i am wrong, that if the prices of LCD Monitors are droping so fast than also the prices for LCD projector should follow. I know it is not totaly same technology but there are some similarities betwen them.

2. pcdoc

pcdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi and welcome

I have just bought the Panasonic PTAE 100, which I thought was a bargain after spending some time reading the threads in here. This was recently posted by Delta, makes the Panny even better bargain

Panasonic PTAE100 UK model, brand new, now available for £799 inc. VAT from Sound & Vision, Bolton. 01204 861861/707079 or for full details visit http://www.soundandvision.uk.com/deals10.html

Hope that helps

BTW I am really happy with mine, only have 6 hours on the clock as yet though.

Pcdoc

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,852
    It's a reasonable assumption that either standards will continue to rise, or prices will continue to fall (or both). Such is the way of consumer electronics. In that context alone, there is never a right time to buy. So you have to introduce a third factor......

The right time to buy is determined by this three-way 'equation'. The three factors are:

Standard
    Price
    Your own impatience

Once your impatience exceeds your opinion of standard and price, that's when to buy. And only you can determine when this happens.

4. gingercat

gingercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've just ordered myself a nice £800 panny AE100e - should be here in Cambridge tomorrow... I've now booked the day off work to (hopefully) enjoy some large projected Halo (XBox) action :)

I'm all hyper with the buzz of it - can't wait a whole day!