1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD Projector shipping charges to Ireland - reasonable??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by retrof, Jan 21, 2003.

1. retrof

retrof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi All,

Related to both the suppliers and LCD projectors forum, so hopefully it's not out of place here...

I've been quoted by a supplier (recommended by several users here on the avforums) for a Z1, and they're looking for £65+VAT to ship it to Ireland. This seems crazy to me, and after questioning, I was told that the unit weighs 8 kilos (how is that when the projector itself is 3+ kilos? - packaging weighing 4/5 kilos???).
    So, is this a ridiculous shipping charge? has anyone else had a projector shipped from the UK to Ireland, and if so, how much did you pay?

cheers,
    -rf

2. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dont know if this helps, but i had a subwoofer shipped from the uk to ireland and it cost £38, and i`m sure the sub weighed alot more than your projector.

3. GPMCDERM

GPMCDERM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I had a P-AE100e shipped from Komplett, its a .ie site but everything is shipped from Norway and it cost 17euro DHL...
    Some places are clearly chancing their arm when it comes to shipping....I was looking at a Pioneer amp late last year and
    the place were looking for £80 to ship it!!! to amp only cost
    £300!

4. retrof

retrof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yep - definitely sounds like they're trying to make an extra few pounds by clearly overcharging for shipping. I too have used Komplett, and their charges are more than reasonable.
    I can get the Z1 shipped from Germany to Ireland via UPS for 30 to 40 euro (£26), so clearly this "avforums favoured supplier" does not want non-UK business.

cheers,
    -rf

5. Cambo

Cambo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Some suppliers don't even post to here at all!!
    I had to fly to Liverpool and hire a car to collect my PJ from Sound and Vision in Bolton.
    All the same, it still worked out cheaper than what most were charging for a VW11HT.
    Cameron.