1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD Projector for PC

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Balforth, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Balforth

Balforth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings all. I am interested in replacing my computer monitor with a projector. I've done a bit of reasearch, but always end up finding myself right where I started.

I do a lot of gaming which traditionally is 4:3, but would also use the set up to watch the occasional DVD, so I'm thinking a 16:9 image would be best. The idea of surfing the web or programming in 16:9 makes me feel all light-headed too. My video card has dual-DVI outputs, so I would really like to find a projector with digital inputs. I also think I would want to go LCD to have the brightest image possible. Money is absolutely no factor and I'm willing to spend any amount. Wait... no, money is a factor. I was confusing myself with somebody else. Anyway, I'd like to keep it under $2000.

There seem to be several great projectors in the $1k-$2k range, however without DVI (it seems just to get DVI in the price jumps at least $800). I could have sworn I found a Sony a couple days ago for $1800 with a DVI input, but it seems to have fallen off the face of the Internet. Can anybody make any recommendations?

Thanks!!!

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't consider replacing a monitor with a projector for "PC" duties, but each to their own ;)

HS10 is IMO the best option at present with its replacement (HS20) iminent.

High resolution, bright & DVI.

BTW, welcome ;)

3. Balforth

Balforth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the re-ply. Ya I spend outrageous amounts of money just so I can play games. I've heard numerous people talk about the extreme good gaming experience while playing their games on front projection. They even say you can hack most games into running widescreen. My GeForce ti-4600 has dual DVI outputs, so even if I ran a projector, I could still run a monitor at the same time.

$2000 would be high end for me, and that Sony runs a few hundred american dollars over that, so unfortunately I think that might be a little over my cap.