LCD Projector for a tavern

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kcranmer, Aug 6, 2006.

1. kcranmer

kcranmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have searched for this question and have not found an answer. Was wondering if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction here. I have been given the task of coming up with an LCD projector and screen for a tavern to display TV (Especially NFL football). Can anybody recommend a low cost kick butt screen and projector plus any other information that would go along with the installation? This would help me out in a big way. Thanks friends. Cheers!

Ken

2. Jammyb

Jammyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +576
    I'm guessing you're american? You might have more luck on an american forum. Also I think you get projectors that are designed to survive in dirty/smokey enviroments better than your average home cinema one would?

3. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,300
    Hi

You would be better off with a DLP projector in a smoky environment as quite a lot of them have sealed optical paths.

Have a look at the Mitsubishi ES100 (4:3 ratio) and HD4000 (16:9 ratio ) - they are both guaranteed for use in smoke filled environments. They both have very long lamp lifetimes too at 5000 and 4000 hours respectively.

Regards,

Steve