• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LCD Projector for a tavern

K

kcranmer

I have searched for this question and have not found an answer. Was wondering if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction here. I have been given the task of coming up with an LCD projector and screen for a tavern to display TV (Especially NFL football). Can anybody recommend a low cost kick butt screen and projector plus any other information that would go along with the installation? This would help me out in a big way. Thanks friends. Cheers!

Ken

Jammyb

Prominent Member
I'm guessing you're american? You might have more luck on an american forum. Also I think you get projectors that are designed to survive in dirty/smokey enviroments better than your average home cinema one would?

stevelup

Distinguished Member
Hi

You would be better off with a DLP projector in a smoky environment as quite a lot of them have sealed optical paths.

Have a look at the Mitsubishi ES100 (4:3 ratio) and HD4000 (16:9 ratio ) - they are both guaranteed for use in smoke filled environments. They both have very long lamp lifetimes too at 5000 and 4000 hours respectively.

Regards,

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom