1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD Projector color cast

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by johnlec33, May 6, 2004.

1. johnlec33

johnlec33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Recently I purchased a Panasonic projector (second hand). Only to find that the picture contains a overall yellow color cast I found that the blue polariser had a burn mark Which caused a lack of blue in the image. This was easily determined as I found out how to access the service menu (which if your interested is activated by selecting OPTION on the main menu and keeping the ENTER button on the remote pressed for 5 seconds hey presto! the service menu is now activated.) A new polariser was fitted which didn’t fix the color cast problem. My questions is what is causing the whites to appear as yellow. The blue component of the lamp seems weaker than the red and green. Could anybody shed some light on the problem. Thanks!

2. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +482
    yellow is lack of blue, or too much red and green.

go into the advanced menu (within the picture menu, where you set colour/contrast/brightness levels)

now individually alter the blue brightness to slightly higher, and more saturated, and stick the red and green levels down.

Have a tinker and see if it helps as it might just be that the levels are incorrectly set. you can alter red, green, blue brightness and red, green , blue contrast individually

3. johnlec33

johnlec33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help, i am unable to access an advanced menu within the picture menu,all i have is contrast,brightness,color,any suggestions (the projector model number is PTL712E) Thanks

4. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +482
    Sorry John, I've no experience with this model. Maybe someone else here knows?
    Failing that, try looking in the manual for the OSD menu that contains the settings for Red, Green and Blue for contrast and brightness individually (that's six settings in total).
    If your projector doesn't allow you to tweak these settings individually, go to a camera shop, explain the problem, they might have a coloured filter for you that does the same thing (reduce r/g, increas b). After all, they should sell hundreds ofg different types of lens attachments.
    G'Luck