1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD projector and games

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by PC_112, Apr 28, 2005.

1. PC_112

PC_112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello,

I know that LCD monitors (especially a bit older models) have some issues with fast moving games. (ghosting effect).

Do LCD projectors like Panasonic AE700 and Sony HS50 have similar problems when playing X-box games?

somebody told me that DLP projectors are much better with games, is this true?

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I played several X Box games on the Panasonic AE700 and the picture is superb and there is no ghosting, also played Unreal Tournament online and once again no problems with ghosting and the picture looks superb its a question of how you hook it up to the projector, use Scart RGB or better yet the component cable for the x box and configure the settings to please.

3. krlock2

krlock2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pj + xbox / ps2 = bloody fantastic.

like foxy says though, use the best cables you can... i recommend the monster gaming cables. if you want a laugh, compare those to the vga that comes as standard.... i hear people saying "night and day" difference about a lot of things, but here it is 100% true...

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    aint that the truth :smashin:

never seen ghosting on my PJ and Splinter cell CT in 480p + :dd: 5.1 = :eek:

5. grahambateman

grahambateman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Just purchased an x box , and managed to hook it up the the Sanyo Z3 . Was very disapointed witth the result. Colours faded and very unsharp picture . Is this down to poor cabling ( Just used what i already had in box ). Do i need to go for some serious cable , and if so , please can you advise me which ones .
    Thanks
    Graham..

6. PC_112

PC_112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    x-box and ps2 are better (picture wise) that playing games with a PC connected to the VGA port of the projector?

With the PC you can get the full resolution of the PJ, but X-box in Europe is apparently not hi def.

7. rich1231

rich1231
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently chipped my xbox and bought the Ms hi def av kit for it and it now looks stunning on my plasma, cant wait to get a pj to see how cool halo 2 looks on an 8ft screen!!! :)

8. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Halo 2 via softmodded X Box running 480p on my AE300 is better than I had hoped! With 6.1 (matrix) surround.

Looking forward to the 360! Will need a new PJ!!

9. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you are connecting the Xbox via composite (the yellow RCA from the standard cable) then you'll get a poor picture.

You've got a great projector that can display HD resolutions, so I'd recommend you soft-mod your Xbox so that it can output Hi-Def via component into your Z3. Get the Official MS HD pack from www.Lik-Sang.com for about £20.

Check this thread out, it will tell you all you need to know;

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199971

PM me if youve got any questions.