1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD / Plasma Screen Stand = suitable for CRT?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Stinky985, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I was in Currys this morning deciding (again) whether or not i can afford a LCD/Plasma. i spotted a never heard of brand of TV stand (not the kenmark one but another Alphason clone). the dimensions are which are: H-53cm W- 105 cm D-45cm.
    It says on the outside of the box up to 32" widescreen as well as LCD & Plasma sizes it will hold.
    the cost was £150 for a normal greenish glass shelf and £170 for smoked black shelves.
    Is it safe to hold a 28" widescreen CRT? i have 4 bits of kit + Center speaker which i need to accomodate.One unit with a tv on top would be ideal. would you do it? or would i be better off with an ikea type unit?
    This would be a first step as then i can have the stand ready for when i do get a plasma/LCD.
    Cheers!

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    are there any CRT tv's in Currys sat on the stands? if not most top shelves on av racks should hold atleast 50kgs, and i'd imaging all 28" crt's to weigh less than that

3. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    no CRT tv's on this 'Serano' stand at currys, but it should take my CRT as it wrighs 46Kg. i am gonna wait until i move house next month and take the plunge.