• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LCD & PLASMA Questions.

Shin Akuma

Prominent Member
I got couple of questions as I am new to LCD and Plasma, SD programes Do they look as good as CRT on PLASMA/LCD. Some time ago someone told me that Plasma uses lot of electricity, Is that true. Which one of these is more effecient on electricity.

P

panlee

I just ordered an Toshiba LCD yesterday. One thing I don't like about Plasma is the reflection you get when you look into it. Its like looking into a mirror. Plasma is cheaper than LCD now, the demand for LCD is higher. There are LCD TVs that solves the short coming of LCD such as response time and motion blur as mentioned in the websites.

BYF

Prominent Member
There are LCD TVs that solves the short coming of LCD such as response time and motion blur as mentioned in the websites.

no there arn't not yet, theres some LCD's that go someway towards solving response times and motion blur, but they do not totally solve this problem its still evident.

B

BOBBY BOB

I have a Toshiba 32WLT68, which is the latest LCD with 100hz scanning to reduce motion blur, have to say i am very dissappointed with it! The thread relating to this tv gives it a very good write-up, but i have to say i am very dissappointed in the picture quality, the blacks are grey, there is still a good degree of motion blur, the viewing angle is very narrow, and i keep getting big clumps of pixels on the screen where it cannot distinguish between slightly different shades of the same colour. i am now seriously thinking about contacting Toshiba and demanding my money back and getting a plasma. Bye the way, this is the second Tosh lcd i have had, the first one was taken back and swapped for this one, because the first one was even worse.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

lunch_box

Prominent Member
i have been given the seal of approval off of my mrs to buy a new tele next week and im torn between panny th-50px60 and the tosh 47wlt66. which one can you guys reccomend?? i know one is plasma and one lcd so it makes my decision even more tricky!!
your help would be gratefully accepted

S

SquintingBadger

I have a Toshiba 32WLT68, which is the latest LCD with 100hz scanning to reduce motion blur, have to say i am very dissappointed with it! The thread relating to this tv gives it a very good write-up, but i have to say i am very dissappointed in the picture quality, the blacks are grey, there is still a good degree of motion blur, the viewing angle is very narrow, and i keep getting big clumps of pixels on the screen where it cannot distinguish between slightly different shades of the same colour. i am now seriously thinking about contacting Toshiba and demanding my money back and getting a plasma. Bye the way, this is the second Tosh lcd i have had, the first one was taken back and swapped for this one, because the first one was even worse.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

I agree on the blurring, but the blacks and viewing angle can be msotly solved by lowering the backlight. Never seen the big clumps of pixels, the PQ in this respect is flawless.

hottstuff

Banned
The biggest downside to LCD is , as mentioned , blacks & back light levels.
This can have a big effect on the viewing experience.:(

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom