LCD PJ for interlaced PAL DVD

M

mattij

First, based on specs or personal experience which of the new breed 16:9 LCD projectors do you feel is best suited for interlaced PAL DVD content. Sanyo Z1 or Sony HS-10 or ???

Second, please lets keep this a non HTPC topic, thanks.

BR,
Matti

The Z1 doesn't scale Pal interlaced ( just overscans the top and bottom of the picture, which 16.9 tvs do anyway). I have heard that interlaced Pal looks very nice on this pj. I haven't heard anything about the Sony yet.

Originally posted by meva
The Z1 doesn't scale Pal interlaced ( just overscans the top and bottom of the picture, which 16.9 tvs do anyway). I have heard that interlaced Pal looks very nice on this pj. I haven't heard anything about the Sony yet.

Could someone please confirm this, i mean Z1 and overscan method. Any problems related this method, lost subtitles or something else?

Thanks,
Matti

Sanyo Germany have confirmed it. There is no problem with this, basically on most (if not all ) televisions a little of the picture information at the top and the bottom is lost ( unless adjusted otherwise ). You wont lose any subtitles or anything else any more than you would on a regular widescreen tv.
Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom