1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD PJ and Gaming

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Rolling, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Rolling

Rolling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hello, Iam interested in buying a LCD PJ for use with my HTPC. My question is: what is it like for gaming ie: pcture quality...the resolution you set your graphics card to etc..also is there any preference in which GFX card to use..ATI or Nvidia.....cheers

2. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well depending on your budget most people go for either the Panny ae 500 or Z2. Both have native resolution of 1280x720 which is pretty good to be honest.

The picture quality is excellent especially when fed from a P.C. I`m an Ati man myself but there are decent nvdia cards around as well, again down to budget.

For games these things really do look spectacular. If your a gamer you wont be disappointed. I have an xbox and (When I can get it properly setup) a PC going into my ae500.

3. Venom1969

Venom1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ATI has 1280x720 resolution out of the box (so to speak) with the catalyst drivers. With Nvidia, you might have to download powerstrip to get that resolution working. I've an Ati myself and it's a great card.

4. Rolling

Rolling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    cheers....