LCD panel not attached to casing?

S

StormVR6

Hi peeps,

I've done a search on this, only found one post regarding a Philips, not much help though.

After a lot of messing about with various plasmas I've opted for a LCD TV. I got the LG 42LB1DB yesterday. Great TV, excellent PQ, colours, sound everything, very happy.

One problem, after lightly wiping the panel (after my little boy had his hands on it) I noticed it wasn't fixed to the casing. With virtually no pressure cleaning it, the panel just pushes away and shows a gap about the width of a matchstick. This gap is more or less all the way round, most of the bottom being fixed.

I wouldn't think this is normal, is it OK though. Does anyone else's LCD do this?

Do I have to arrange for another replacement?

ZX10Rich

Hi storm vr6, ive got a toshiba c3030 and after someone getiing finger prints on it i litlly wiped the screen only to find it does exactly the same as youve described, i called toshiba who went and tested a few of there tvs and told me that all theres above 20inch did the same thing and that it was normal , hope this puts your mind at rest.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom