1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD/Pal xbox best picture (on hitachi 32ld7200)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by axv, May 10, 2005.

1. axv

axv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've just got an lcd tv (hitachi 32ld7200) and want the best quality picture possible on my xbox (not modded and i don't want to as I use xbox live). I've currently got an rgb scart setup with optical cable for 5.1 but have read its possible to get a clearer picture via component. This is probably a stupid question but will the leads below offer an enhanced picture over the standard rgb output setup i'm running at the moment or can someone let me know what i should buy and will the difference be really noticable?

I don't really know anything about component output and would be grateful of any assistance.

http://www11.cd-wow.com/detail_results_3.php?product_code=16775&affid=12377

I've also found the official HD leads but understand HD isn't enabled on a PAL xbox, if this is the case will this lead give me the closest thing or not work at all?

Many thanks in advance.

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can still use Component cables on a non modded Xbox. The modding part just enables the Hidef modes that the component allows.

We use our unmodded Xbox via a gamester(IIRC) hidef kit picture is much better that via scart/svideo

The Offical MS Hidef kit is the one to go for though - you also get proper digital audio outputs with this as you don;t with the monster one linked above.

You can get the MS one from either http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/descrip...me&wh=MAIN&rate=CAD++-1.000+++++&pid=90012735 or http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=53&products_id=1742&

regards
    Gary

3. axv

axv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for the help.

4. VanBurenPhilips

VanBurenPhilips
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Regarding modding: as nealgs says, you can't enable the 480p, 720p and 1080i modes on a PAL xbox. You could modify your xbox and switch it to NTSC mode, and then disable the chip. Apparently, people have switched their Xbox regions repeatedly and been able to continue using Live without any ill-effect. I haven't tried this myself though (haven't used Live yet), so I don't know for sure, but it looks pretty safe to me. I'd recommend it, as games in 720p look fantastic. Haven't seen any 1080i games yet.

But even if you stick with PAL functionality (ie, no hi-def modes, which would probably mean games running in 480i or 576i) I imagine component cables would give you the best quality by far - I'm currently playing gamecube games in not-hi-def modes via component and the difference between this and the regular AV cable is staggering (on the Hitachi 32LD7200, by the way).

5. honeydew

honeydew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0