• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

lcd or plasma?

jazzmansix

Standard Member
Hi

Just wondering if any one of you knowledgable folk can put me right?

I am in a quandry of whether to purchase either a panny 37" px70 plasma or a panny 32" lxd 700.

This is a second set for the bedroom where the connection for said tv will be sky+ via scart connection.The set will be used mainly to watch general tv but in particular football.Can anybody tell me if one set is better than the other for watching live fast action?, fed up with watching "the halo" effect around every player with previous lcd sets,never had a plasma before but have read that this set is good with sd connectivity! can anyone confirm?

Would prefer to lean towards the plasma for two reasons:- 1. its bigger and 2. its cheaper by £200 (discontinued) + 5 yr gtee.

The tv will not be used to play games just general tv and dvds.

Already have a 50" lcd sony in the living room which is rubbish when watching footy on sd but thankfully brilliant when fed sky thru hd. Would love to have hd in the bedroom too but i refuse to pay sky any more dosh!

So if anyone has any thoughts,please advise.

Thanks!
Gary.:thumbsup:

stevelup

Distinguished Member
Plasma - especially for sport.

But if you ask the question in the LCD section, you will get three replies saying LCD...

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom