1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD or Plasma??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by JohnMac, Jun 13, 2004.

1. JohnMac

JohnMac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi. Looking for some friendly advice. I currently have a 32" widescreen 50Hz Grundig FineArts TV.This has served me well and has nothing wrong with it. I hav just moved and need more space so looking to buy a Plasma or LCD. Don't need a huge screen as the living room is quite small, but usually, "the bigger the better". I do still have a home cinema set-up using a Yamaha RXV-620RDS Receiver. Looking for a good recommendation and what to expect price wise.have seen some Plasmas (Goodmans) recenlty coming down in proce to around the £1700 for a 42", but would rather pay a bit extra for better quality.Thanks

2. Claus

Claus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Get the Panasonic TH-37PA30. It looks great, has the best picture for the buck and the 37" will be big enough. You even get a built in digital tuner.

C

3. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    I'd recommend getting a Panny too, but I think you will appreaciate a 42 inch model more like the PWD6 as the extra money for the bigger screen is worth it. 37 inches isn't big enough for a cinematic experience, in fact I'd say 42 inches is the minimum size for a Home Cinema system.