Lcd Or Plama For Gaming

coll007

Standard Member
Hi guys can some one tell me whats best for gaming lcd or plasma ime looking at 40"-46"
Thanks guys

andykn

Plasmas are generally reckoned to have the edge on picture quality but are more prone to screen burn than LCDs, which are virtually immune. Modern plasmas are more immune to burn than earlier models and game designers do take burn into account.

Silver Serpent

Hi guys can some one tell me whats best for gaming lcd or plasma ime looking at 40"-46"
Thanks guys

Due to the resolution of plasma's, where most are 1024x768, I would choose an LCD for gaming as they start at 1366x768.

So if you are looking for 46" gaming TV, I would advise you to look at a 1080p LCD model, plus you can play for long hours on an LCD without having to worry about image retention or burn that may occur on the Plasma.

Plasma's do have better colour, black levels and response time though, whereas LCD give brighter sharper images, but generally LCD is better for gaming.

BYF

Depends on what aspects of picture quality are most important to you.

If its accurate colours, excellent motion handling, good black and dark area detail, natural picture etc... go for plasma

If your gonna do very long gaming stints, like high pixel counts on paper, be viewing lots of static images go for an LCD.

The latest video from AVForums

Dog Soldiers & Flatliners 4K, Black Phone, RRR & Mad God on digital, plus 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom