1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD or DLP

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jamiebgp, Feb 17, 2001.

1. jamiebgp

jamiebgp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anybody using either the Plus U3 880 or the NEC VT440. HCC gave the Plus a serious thumbs up but I have been recommended the NEC a viewing is in the pipeline, but other users thoughts on the subjects would be greatly recieved. The specs on both seem good and size is a big issue as my dedicated room is only 15 x 9 with low ceilings of 7ft. Price is also a big factor, the NEC is £400 cheaper than the Plus. Any other recommendations greatly recieved.

Thanx in advance

2. TONYBOY

TONYBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one of these for business use a couple of weeks ago. The picture quality is excellent but the fan noise is totally unaceptable for home use. Very surprised that HCC did not mention this. I also looked at the NEC VT440.Picture was extremely good and fan noise was inaudible. Only reason I did not buy was that I needed a light small unit for use on overseas sales trips. I am going back for a longer demo of the NEC for home use.