Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

LCD or DLP

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jamiebgp, Feb 17, 2001.

1. jamiebgp

jamiebgp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anybody using either the Plus U3 880 or the NEC VT440. HCC gave the Plus a serious thumbs up but I have been recommended the NEC a viewing is in the pipeline, but other users thoughts on the subjects would be greatly recieved. The specs on both seem good and size is a big issue as my dedicated room is only 15 x 9 with low ceilings of 7ft. Price is also a big factor, the NEC is £400 cheaper than the Plus. Any other recommendations greatly recieved.

Thanx in advance

2. TONYBOY

TONYBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one of these for business use a couple of weeks ago. The picture quality is excellent but the fan noise is totally unaceptable for home use. Very surprised that HCC did not mention this. I also looked at the NEC VT440.Picture was extremely good and fan noise was inaudible. Only reason I did not buy was that I needed a light small unit for use on overseas sales trips. I am going back for a longer demo of the NEC for home use.