LCD next to radiator

dlam

I know it's a no-no to hang an LCD above a radiator, but what are the thoughts about having one on a stand next to one? If the TV is going where I plan the closest part will be about 30 cm away from the radiator. Here is a pretty poor example of the way it will be laid out...

R N
A O
D I
I S
A I
T V
O E
R L
E
T

Any advice?

dlam

Oops, the spaces I put in were dropped when I submitted it. It should look like this:

| /

(with the TV being the angled bit) Is it still a bad idea like that?

Andy98765

You should always keep away from direct heat sources. Most instruction manuls would make this quite clear.

dlam

Aye, the Sony book says that, but it doesn't give any instructions on what it considers a safe distance from a heat source or maximum operating temperatures. Any ideas?

Andy98765

One thing I have noticed is most instructions say do not place in direct sunlight due to temperature. Don't know about you but the heat given off by my radiators is greater than direct sunlight?

Nielo TM

dlam said:
Aye, the Sony book says that, but it doesn't give any instructions on what it considers a safe distance from a heat source or maximum operating temperatures. Any ideas?
LCD produces more heat then CRT TV due to backlight and design, so keep it away form any heat sources