LCD motion blur acid test - PES6 - info please.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Nemesis X2, May 5, 2007.

1. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,804
    I'm planning on getting an LCD very soon, but one one major concern is along with SD performance, is potential motion blur with the likes of Pro Evo, which needs to shift the screen quickly when the ball suddenly goes from one end to the other.

For those that have an LCD and PES, can you detail what model you have and honestly report wheter you have motion blur on your panel, and if so, hjow bad is it???

All LCD opinions valuable (as i'm undecided), but especially the Samsung M86/87, N73, R87/88, Toshiba WLT68, Panasonic LD700/LDX700.

Also, for those that have experienced different size panels, am i right to assume that the blur / ghosting would be worse on a larger size panel? I experienced it on an old version of PES on the PC when going from a 17inch monitor to 19inch at the same resolution, so would assume TV's might suffer the same fate....??

Many thanks in advance!

2. iamcallaghan

iamcallaghan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm using a cheaper LCD (Mirai), which is reasonably well regarded on this forum. PS2 performance isn't too bad, but on Pro Evo 6 it is TERRIBLE. I have tried the standard composite PS2 cable, and a fully wired RGB scart cable by QED, and they both suffer pretty decent motion blur, bad juddering on menus, and general softness of image. With component the judder on menus is all but eradicated, and the softness isn't so apparent, but it then shows up the jagged edges that LCDs can suffer from.

In short, for any PS2 gaming, especially Pro Evo 6, I would stick with any half decent CRT.

3. avinitski

avinitski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I'm not surprised, a PS2 is connected to it with all those poor connections.

Connect a 360 up and it may be different.

4. TEVEZ032

TEVEZ032
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    ditto. try a 360 for starters and please try and connect the thing 'properly' (ie VGA or component).

My mirai 32" works like a dream with PES6. Its got an 8ms response which is comparible to other more expensive sets. The new Mirais have a 6.5 ms response time.

g

5. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,804
    Do you get no visible motion blur on the game then, and if that's the case, do you play in the wide camera mode?

6. davey_wells

davey_wells

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Could also do with clarifying whether people are talking about Pro Evo 6 on the 360, or PS2.

I'm playing PS2 Pro Evo 6 on my AOC N32 model and even though the unit has a response time of 6.5ms, there is some motion blur playing it, though you do get used to it. This is through component.

Is it generally accepted then that Xbox 360 Pro Evo 6 runs fine with no blur?

7. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,804
    I would love to think that's the case, but i'm sure i read on another thread, somewhere in the AV LCD forum, that someone had motion issues with PES on the 360, hence starting this thread to try and get various viewpoints.

It is my most played game series of the last 5 years bar none, and the only game that lasts up until the day before it's sequel gets released, so i would be a bit gutted to get a new LCD and be put off by this potential problem...

8. Stormy78

Stormy78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have a Samsung 26" LCD and I get NO motion blur with PES6 on the 360 connected via component :)

9. HDlionel

HDlionel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have got a sammy 32" and there is no more motion blur on pro evo 6 than watching live football. (360 version)

10. sotonjoe

sotonjoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    no blur at all on a 32" r74.

11. FoolsGold

FoolsGold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Im using a Sony Bravia 40" KDL-40S2530 and running 360 PES6 at 1080i there is no blur even if I stand up really close.

Infact the amazing thing about HD is when you stand really close you realise all the massive amount of detail you are missing - and want a bigger TV. I sit around 8' from a 40" and its way too far for HD. I never belived this before I bought my LCD and bought a 32" KDL-32S2000 Bravia - no motion blur on it either using 720i.

40" just isnt big enough........:rotfl:

12. TEVEZ032

TEVEZ032
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    i get a little blur when the tv is first switched on; after about 5mins it clears up. It is a very cheap Mirai TV though! :rotfl:

13. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,804
    Getting some good feedback here!!:thumbsup:

Especially pleased to hear that the Sammy's appear to have a good reputation as i'm ideally looking at a 40 inch M86/87 1080p set.

Are there any techies reading this that would know if blur would be worse (or more visible) on a 40 inch as opposed to a 32, also, would a tv that's true 1080p hd be worse?

14. punx4life

punx4life
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the slightly older samsung 32 hd lcd. I have nothing but great things to say about that tv i really do. Works incredibly well with 360, ps3 and pcs. Standard definition consoles such as ps2 and xbox didnt perform as well but i guess its as expected. I would agree with the majority and say its best to keep a smaller old crt somewhere in the house for these if you wanna play them. I only kept games on ps2 and xbox that i can now play on the 360 and ps3 anyway so its never been a problem.

I now have the Sony kdl46w and again nothing but awsome things to say about it in relation to it working with ps3 and 360. No motion blur thats not meant to be there. Because some games especially burnout have motion blur to give you a bigger sense of speed. I have pro evo and it looks really good.

With either set i havent noticed anything bad in any game on the 360 or ps3.

15. KlaatuNinja

KlaatuNinja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Motion blur is not really an issue with modern LCD's

This is an old issue with early LCD's (with less than a 6ms responce time)

I have seen no motion blur on my set (26" sammy R5)

16. DazzaSammy

DazzaSammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Samsung 40" R74 through VGA connection , High Resolution, NO Blur. :smashin:

17. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    I have to say i havent seen any ghosting what so ever on my set in sig. No blur either with any game so far, seen a tiny weeny bit on super fast close camera pans on football but nothing while in normal full screen mode.

18. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,804
    For everyone with the Samsung LCD's, does the game mode make much difference? Have you tried with and without?

I heard it was designed with MS, and is obviously a good option, but does it do much to improve things?

19. mo11

mo11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hy i hav a sony 46 inch lcd bravia w series and when i hook up my ps2 to the tv and play all the games come out blurry can someone plz help me thnx

20. MarkyPancake

MarkyPancake
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,773
    I connect my 360 to my Samsung LE32R41BD with VGA and once the TV has warmed up, i.e. been on for a few minutes, there is no blur.