1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lcd monitor purchase

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by fuzzn, Jun 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. fuzzn

fuzzn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi people i'm new to this forum... ok now down to the topic!

i'm looking to purchase a couple of lcd monitors for my pc at home... i know what kind of specs i want but i'm having trouble finding specific items and also finding decent reviews of them.

i'm looking for a well priced (under 150 pounds) monitor with a maximum resolution higher than 1024 x 768... i usually work on an CRT LG 17" monitor at 1280 x 1024 resolution so i'm looking for something that can handle a similar resolution or better. the look and feel of the monitor isn't really necessary but would be a plus point!

please if you have any recommendations of good and low priced monitors that has decent graphics output and nice resolution then i would really appreciate it.

btw i'm running a GeForce4 MX440 graphics card because i'm a serious gamer so i need the monitor to do justice to the card!

thanx in advance...

fuzz

2. Bill S

Bill S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Higher price, but 19"
    http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20050609.p.Targa_19_LCD_Flatscreen_Monitor

3. jon_mendel

jon_mendel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The June 2005 issue of computer shopper had a big review of 17" LCDs from £150 up (this was one/two months ago now, so there'll probably be quite a few of these dropped to be in your budget now) if that's any interest. Let me know if a copy would be helpful :)

Jon

4. fuzzn

fuzzn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yea that would be amazing!

5. jon_mendel

jon_mendel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Actually, there's some of the info from their reviews here - http://www.pcpro.co.uk/shopper/labs/208/lcd-monitors/introduction.html

There is a fair bit more detail in the print edition, though - PM me your details if you like and I'll post the magazine or a photocopy to you (might not be till next week) if you donate a couple of quid to charity in lieu of postage etc.

Jon