lcd monitor + freeview

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by jakeli, Jan 23, 2008.

1. jakeli

jakeli
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi :hiya:

I am really hoping someone here can help me!

I've been searching online for a few nights now trying to find a 24'' (or larger) widescreen lcd monitor for my pc - and one I could watch freeview tv with.

My question is - if i get a 24+ lcd (1900 x 1200 res) with the usual dvi & vga connections what options do I have to connect a freeview box up to it and still get a decent picture?

I did come across a 'Mini Freeview Receiver for Monitor/TV Screens' on a few sites but dont know if these systems are any good... also i have seen a Samsung SM-225MW 22" with inbuilt tuner from ocuk. but neither the inbuilt tuner or the size (max 22'' is all i've found) is what i'd ideally want.

If anyone has any advice on this I would love to hear it!
    thanks

2. MazsterUk

MazsterUk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Although i really dont like apple after their diabolical "customer service ie waste your money into a black hole", i would maybe recommend their 30" widescreen moniter. More than the 24" you want.
    Freeview:
    If you have one with a hdmi output you can simply buy a hdmi to dvi converter lead (as hdmi is based on dvi) and presto job done.
    or if you could buy the usb freeview thingies that they sell for like £30 and see if the pic quality is good or not etc.

cheers

m

3. jakeli

jakeli
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks. i'll look into a hdmi connection freeview box, i'll post on here if i find a good one