1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD - is it the obvious choice

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Nicky, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Nicky

Nicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I'm looking at builidng/buying a HTPC but I want to sort out the screen first. The system will get used for a combination of home theatre and games playing. A PJ is out due to room size issues so the choice is basically LCD or plasma. However pressumably the PC will be much happier with a nice high res (say 1280x768 or whatever is the standard) WS LCD than it will be with a 800x480 plasma. I don't really fancy the big bucks for a high res plasma and even these seem to be quite a pain to get the scaling ratios correct on. So LCD seems a no brainer. Is this right?

Cheers

Nick

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It sounds like you've made a good case for an LCD .. just make sure if you buy one that it accepts PC input at its' native resolution, not all do, often the cheaper ones.

3. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    the 30" DabsValue Medion LCD seems to be a pretty good screen for under £1000, try a search in the LCD screens forum, there were a lot of people talking about it. I was thinking about getting one myself, but i decided to get a projector instead.