1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lcd Information - help

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ADENCOOL, May 4, 2005.

1. ADENCOOL

ADENCOOL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    im currently looking to change the my current 3 year crt 28" tv for a 32" either lcd / crt (the tv will only be used for viewing tv / freeview and dvd's (not likly to ever be connected to a htpc)

idealy i would like a lcd - just for the WOW factor, but after visiting local electronic stores (i.e currys / comet) i have some real concerens, manly with picture quality

when looking at lcd the picture looks very poor in comparsion to crt - is this expected, am i best to but a crt? if picture quality is my main concern

2. mickbarlow

mickbarlow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    if picture quality is all your after, i'd stick with crt for the time being...although lcd's screens are coming on very fast. And dont be dismayed by the picture quality in comet etc, they usually have VERY poor feeds, which lcds cant cope with very well...

plus i dont think i many stores have any of the next generation on lcd's on display yet, (ie hitachi 32ld7200, toshiba 32wl56, which are supposedly better on SD television)