1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD Help required - Samsung 32"

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by rjgreen4, Oct 19, 2005.

1. rjgreen4

rjgreen4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am due to have a Samsung LE32R51BD delivered today and have taken a day off work to install it.
    The problem is that the LCD is going in a room measuring 5mx5m and the sky cable comes through the wall at the opposite end to where the LCD is being mounted. I therefore have a few questions based on the equipment I have;

Equipment
    I have a standard sky box that has a sky aerial and phone line going into it, a Sony dvd player and a Sony Dav S888 amplifier/DVD(with 4 speakers and bass box).

Questions

1) I am going to go to Maplins or somewhere similar to get the cable extensions but will look a fool trying to explain them - If I want to extend the Sky cable into the back of the SKY box I am assuming that I will need an adapter for the current plug then an extension to travel to the other side of the room and into the sky box - What is that cable called and the adapter to extend the current sky cable?

2) I think the LCD comes with x3 Scart sockets therefore I am pressuming that the DVD and Amp will just plug in the same as the TV, is that correct?

3) Is there anything else I need to get the screen operating?

Your help will be much appreciated as I am new to this and the forum :thumbsup:

2. mitor

mitor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    mmmm

1) hopefully someone else will be able to help you regards buying the right lead here, we did make one of these in work not so long ago, it's 75ohm co-ax cable but for the life of me I can't remember what the connectors are, we call them BNC's but that's not really correct.

2) strange I thought this TV had two scarts (I own the 41 variant) regardless only one is RGB enabled, probably best to connect your primary DVD machine via fully wired scart into the back of your sky box, and sky box via the same to EXT 1. This will give you a RGB from sky and DVD (remember to switch to RGB in the sky service menu)

3) An xbox360?

Have fun with your purchase!

3. rjgreen4

rjgreen4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    correct, there is only 2 scarts,

I have been to a local electrical store and bought the relevant extension leads.

What is RGB?

I have plugged a scart in from my Sony DVD player to the LCD and the other scart from my Sky box to the LCD.

There is an aerial from the LCD to the Skybox.

What more can I do for best set up?

Hope for the x-box 360 around christmas, seeing as microsoft prefer the Samsung LCD's (40" though) for their latest toys.