Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

LCD Glossary

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AndyFov, Jan 27, 2004.

1. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Yes, I know the answers are all probably on Google, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who is wandering what some of these terms mean... So could anybody please give easy to understand explanations for the following terms:

Lens Shift (Z2)

Pixel Mapping (HS20)

Side Correction (HS10)

The figures in brackets represent the projectors being described when I stumbled across the term I didn't quite understand.

TIA

Andy

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Pixel matching is explained in the FAQ.........

Lens shift means the ability to move the image relativeto the position of the projector... if you do a search on "Z2", you'll find a link to the manual for that pj.... it's explained there. Side Shift is the same function - except it only works laterally - ié the projector can be off-axis in the horizontal plane relative to the screen... in the case of the Z2 it works in the horizontal and vertical plane.

These functions are different from keystone correction - this is normally applied digitally to maintain a rectangular image proportionality - the loens shift functions are mechanical, and usually only introduce distortions at the extreme limits of the function.

Sean G.