LCD for Sky HD and Mac Mini

nzeaglei

Standard Member
Hi

Been reading here for a few weeks now, trying to get my head round it all. Now I need some help, just like all the other newbies, I am no different!

Im trying to decide on a LCD TV. I want to get Sky HD and also plug a mac mini for frontrow for all my music and pics and to be used as a monitor for internet surfing only. No gaming machines (PS3, Wii or Xbox360). May plug in laptop for Pro Evo only if possible.

Now am I right that I need a LCD TV resolution of 1920x1080 for Sky HD to not downscale my image? And does that not also mean I need a minimum screen size of 37"? But secondly, would I notice If I were to go for a 26"/32" with 1366x768 with Sky HD, or does that defeat the whole purpose of Sky HD?

Be gentle if I sound like an idiot who doesnt know what I am talking about, cos I dont really know what I am talking about, but sales assisstants are next to useless, so where else can I learn? I have read most of the posts for the last few weeks, but need to know if I am on the right track as I am in a spin.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
J

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom