Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

LCD for PC

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by G Thomson, Jul 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. G Thomson

G Thomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm really new to this so please excuse my ignorance!

I am looking at buying A LCD TV so that I can watch television and also plug my computer into it and use it as my computer monitor.

I've seen that a few models have PC inputs and was looking at the Beko 20 inch model (20LB450). However, I see that in the specification it says it has a screen resolution of 640 x 480 but I need to be able to run my computer at 1024 x 768.

So does anyone know if the Beko will run at this? The confusing thing for me is that the 17 inch Beko model is quoted as running at 1024 x 768??? So does that mean that I would be better buying the 17 inch model as the screen resolution is higher?

I'm in need of some education /advice?

Thanks
    Graham

2. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'd definitlely be better off with the Higher Res one. The VGA screen would be totally useless when connecting to a pc; if the native res is 640x480, it will not display anything higher than this.

Ben