LCD for Office Reception Recommendation? £1k budget

Anarchist

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just after a quick bit of advice. I'm looking for an LCD display for an office reception area. As such, I guess presentation/features are a little more important than picture quality.

Looking for 40/42", needs to be gloss black.

As its for an office reception, it will be playing presentations from an HDMI connected PC, and also showing SD Freeview feeds (like BBC News 24). Additional features like built in Network connectivity/playback from USB sources is a bonus.

Will permanantly be in a well lit area, wall mounted.

I was originally thinking of going with Philips ambilight, however the 42pfl8404h is proving impossible to get hold of (I need to get something ordered this week).

Any ideas?

We have a brightly lit reception at work and they have a 60" plasma screen which I think looks too washed out in that area.

These new Samsung LED screens appear to have much better contrast ratios and rich colours which I think would work nicely in a reception area. These LED 6000 and 7000 series are quite slim as well so shouldn't take up a lot of room

Plasma is a definate no - as it'll be displaying presentations theres chance of static images being on for extended periods = screen burn

I've been thinking of the UE40B7000 - Can get it from Dixons for £1144 delivered (a tiny bit over budget but might be able to get away with it!) as it includes pretty much all my requirements. Would have liked to have gone with the ambilight as I reckon it would look good in a modern reception, but if I can't get the one I want then theres no point worrying about that!

I personally think the ambi-light would be overkill, and would work better in darker rooms, so basically you would be paying for something that won't add benefit.

I agree that plasma will possibly burn. In our reception we have a lot of static company logo's and although the screens change, there are areas that are starting to show static images. Also the amount of light coming through an atrium style roof washes out the images too much.

Yeah, thats kind of what I'd settled on.

UE40B7000 - absolutely looks the part, £1144 delivered from Dixons. Assuming I can figure out my PVR woes, will be ordering it and getting it all fitted in a couple of weeks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom