• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LCD for my computer

T

thesoldier

Hi everyone,

I would like to buy a new LCD TV and would appreciate a bit of help.:lease:

I have sky freesat ( i live on a small island so it's not very good TV reception via aerial )

I would love to use new TV as a monitor for my computer (very important to me as laptop screens are getting harder for me to see)

I don't play games on the computer or on an Xbox etc.

Size of screen 32inch +

thanks for any help

Icm76

Established Member
I would love to use new TV as a monitor for my computer (very important to me as laptop screens are getting harder for me to see)

have you tried adjusting the font sizes on your laptop? Obvious, but frequently overlooked. If you are using Windows:

right click on the desktop > left click 'Properties' > left click the 'Appearance' tab > choose large or extra large fonts from the 'Font Size' drop down box

Nothing to stop you using your new TV as a monitor as well, but you might find that the low resolution of the TV actually makes the 'workspace' very cramped

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom