LCD for HTPC

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by redcat, Jul 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. redcat

redcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello All,

I have been viewing the forums for a few weeks now looking for opinions and reviews for an LCD 26/32 inch screen for a HTPC.

I will be running MCE 2005 with an internal freeview card.

My question is, 26 or 32 inch, I suppose that one is down to personal choice and budget. I think 32 is a bit bigger and better value.

Also, is it worth paying for HDMI when al I really want to use is DVI. As i will be using the PC for playing DVD's i wont need an upscaling dvd player and I dont intend on getting sky in the near future.

Is DVI a lot better than VGA ? I have seen so many posts on lots of LCD's where it will do 1368 x 768 (cant remember exact resolutions soz) on D-sub but not on DVI.

So far i have been interested in the new Samsung, which has HDMI but theres the tearing. And the Hitachi 720 but then thats a lot of money and by the time I think I would use HDMI (5 years) the tv will be so outdated anyway.

Anyone got any thoughts on this or personal experience. Also i am not looking to purchase one for about 1 month so maybe the new models planned will push down the cost of old ones. Budget, wanted under £1000 , maybe £1200 ish if worth it.

Thanks in advance

2. Xelon

Xelon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
  3. redcat

redcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So will the ACER do full res on DVI , so you get 1:1 pixel mapping? Is this one of the only ones that does this ?