1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD For Freeview

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by paulg, Sep 5, 2005.

1. paulg

paulg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all

I was wondering which of the current LCDs are best for freeview as I dont have sky ( And wont either ) - I will however be getting my Xbox 360 when it is released so want Hi Def - Was looking at the 32" Panasonic but was wondering if there were any that showed Digital well as have been disapointed with this models PQ.

Thank you

:clap:

2. Phil from 62

Phil from 62
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Loewe 32" has Freeview and the picture is good and thats not using a particularly great aerial.
    Its only disadvantage is that it is not enabled for digital Interactive (red button) services.
    Picture though...I would recommend.

3. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    The Sharp "P" series will give you the best quality freeview signal... however it'll have to downscale Xbox 360.

Really you have to make a choice as to which is more important; Freeview, or DVD's / High-Definition video/games.

If Freeview is more important, go with the Sharp "P" if not, there are quite a few sets you could go with. The new Sony "V" series is said to be one of the better televisions for Freeview.

4. paulg

paulg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I might have ti suffer on SD for a while then to make the Xbox better :)

5. paulg

paulg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I might have to suffer on SD for a while then to make the Xbox better :)