1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD displays and games consoles

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by soleus, Jul 30, 2005.

1. soleus

soleus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Right guys, I need your help with LCD displays.

I'm thinking of getting a 17" LCD TV for the bedroom which will also be used to put my xbox through. The numpty sales guy in the store couldn't tell me if there was "ghosting" with fast moving objects and wouldn't connect an xbox to the TV.

Has anyone here got their xbox linked up to an LCD TV and what's the picture like? Is there any ghosting, shadowing, bleeding, etc.....

Thanks

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    I have a philips 30pf9975 and its mostly great. No ghosting and good response times. The only beef I have is that the black levels aren't great, and there are lots of 'dark' Xbox games, which can make them difficult to play without tweaking the settings.

3. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    The Xbox video output isn't that great. Like Richard said, there's a lot of "dark" games on it, and on top of that, the Xbox adds its own darkness. It's a challenge for any TV.

You shouldn't worry though - on all the ones I've tried it on it's never been too bad. My Sony LCD (September 2004) doesn't smear the whole screen, but intense black objects leave trails (grenades in Halo 2 show ghosting).

That issue will probably be cleared up on the latest panels though, so don't worry about it.