1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD dilemma - HDCP! DVI! 28" -30"??? Help Required?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by manzaboy, May 8, 2005.

1. manzaboy

manzaboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, OK so apologies as I am a newbie in LCD's but I am really stuck on this one!

Trying to buy an LCD for a small living room. Made my mind up that I was going to get the Tosh (32WL48) as it had everything I could possible want...

Went to look at one and Damn they are big. Looks like I need to set my maximum at a 30" tv... Looked around the shop and lots of lovely Sony and Phillips but none that support HDCP! Spoke to the guy in the shop - not normally a wise move! - as to why the LCD's didn't have them and he said that you don't really need it (!?), new technology, fob, fob etc...

Now I am after a 28" to 30" LCD with a good response time (as I have to hook my P.C up to it) that has HDCP. Can I find one? Nope!

Only option at the moment is the Hitachi 28LD5200 but reviews are mixed and I am not that impressed by the look of it...
    I like the look of the old Tosh 30WL46B but connections seem limited.

Suggestions please.
    Maybe I am being over ambitious and don't need HDCP (I was looking to futureproof for when HD TV comes out).

Budget is up to £1400.

Many thanks in advance...

2. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270