• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LCD Cracked :(!

L

Lavace

Lo all, I used to have a Sanyo CE30LD3B, it seems that while moving house, the LCD was smashed in.
When I turn it on, random colours appear on screen, the LCD seems to bleed, basically, totally mashed :(.

I'd like to know, any ideas on how much it would cost to repair?
Its out of warranty, may send in for repair, but is it worth it?

Thx,
Lav.

Lovemonk

Standard Member
Did you move yourself or use a proper removal firm? Reason i ask is that removal firm will provide insurance as part of the package.

ianh64

I just briefly did a scan for this model so don't know much about it, but I would hazard a guess that, if it is not insured, it would be un-economic to get it repaired. I have heard some being quoted more for a repair of a new panel than the cost of the model new.

The model looks very dated - a 30" panel is an indication of an early generation display so it should be possible to surpass the quality of the picture at a very reasonable price and get future compatibility (ie HD Ready). To be honest, I hadn't heard of the Sanyo name for quite some time.

I know that when moving house, funds may be a bit tight for a new model/repair but if you moved yourself, may be worth checking your household insurance if you have accidental damage. Although some don't cover items when removed from the house so you may have problems getting any form of payment.

tomandjo2

CAn you not claim on your contents insurance?

Tom

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom