1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lcd component(in scart) to xbox problem

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by gazzam@blueyond, Jun 27, 2005.

1. gazzam@blueyond

gazzam@blueyond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi to anyone who may read this ,im new to this forum so you may need to bare with me.
    But i want to ask a couple of questions regarding my new acer 26 hd tv and the component connection. the connection is a scart type in the tv not the usual red,green,blue female sockets.
    i wanted to connect my xbox to it through component so i could get the hd progressive modes 480p,720p and 1080i, so i bought a generic adapter for the xbox off ebay which has component sockets and coaxial and optical audio among others.
    so using the scart to component lead i got with the tv i could plug it into my xbox which works fine...EXCEPT for the progressive scan modes i mentioned earlier, they appear to have a ghost effect on the whole screen ,like a doubling effect on lines and txt etc. as though its out of sync (maybe?)i have tried the scart cable with my progressive scan dvd(480p) which is fine (though with very slight ghosting but not that noticable and a very good picture on the whole)
    also i know its through an adapter on the xbox but 480i mode is crystal clear so i dont think its the adapter for the xbox.does anyone have any ideas what it may be (the tv?but why ok on my dvd?).ive trudged the web to no avail? :lease:

2. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    If you dont have a component connection on your tv you wont get a prog scan picture. With the scart you will only get a RGB picture.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    gazzam@blueyond

It gets tricky when you have to use Two cables to achieve one connection.

If I understand correctly you have a breakout adapter for the X-Box that terminates in 3RCA Phono sockets for YUV 'Component' + a 3RCA Phono to SCART cable for YUV into your LCD TV.

If you've tested the 3RCA to SCART cable in YUV Progressive mode with your DVD player and it works fine then the obvious culprit is the 'Generic' X-Box breakout adapter - I don't have an X-Box but do read over and over again on AVForums that the Official MS breakout cable is the only one to use!!!

Best regards

Joe

4. gazzam@blueyond

gazzam@blueyond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    gerbilly sorry but you are incorrect in regards to my tv as i said above 'component connection is in the scart socket'also as i said above my dvd works fine at 480p and 576p......thanks joe i understand what your saying and its what i was thinkin too(boohoo), but just tryin to find someone who may have had similar experience.this adapter i have is new off ebay and have read about peolple using it fine though?basically the only difference in the connection i have compared to a xbox with the mshd pack is my lead is component to scart and not component to component( and its a generic adaptor too of course

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    gazzam@blueyond

I always consult Dr John at JS Technology on all things X-Box and he always asks first if its the Official MS cable or not!

Possibly worth a Post in the Gaming Forum for feedback on the adapter you have.

Best regards

Joe

6. gazzam@blueyond

gazzam@blueyond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks vmuch...much appreciated all for your replys