1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lcd cieling or wall bracket also screen..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jibber, May 6, 2005.

1. jibber

jibber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm looking into buying a screen for my wall which is 2400mm long and around 1000mm tall, can anyone advise what type of screen to buy for an lcd prjector also what size to get ?...

and secondly i'm looking to mount the projector on the cieling or wall so are there generic mounts for this or does it have to be by manufacture ??..

thanks in advance for any assistance..

Jibber.

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Jibber there's a dedicated projector screens forum where you may find a lot of info on the options. Also search for ceiling bracket on the forum, lots of advice and ideas including DIY options.

As an overall comment if you are going to buy a projector for watching movies you are best buying one with native aspect ratio of 16:9 (ie widescreen) and likewise the screen will also need to be 16:9 which if my maths is correct will be approx 1.78m x 1m for the depth you quote....PJ

3. SSB

SSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    I bought a unilok GK series mount for my Panasonic PT-AE200 - there are about 5 in the range with various drops. Now I'm swapping to a Sony HS-50 it's just a case of swapping the adapter plate (the bit between the ceiling mount and the projector itself).

As for the screen, I've got a Manual Da-Lite Model C (I think) HDTV screen - 106" diagonal. It's OK, but if I were buying again (funds permitting) I'd probably stretch to a tensioned one. I'm not so bothered about the electrics, but it might be nice.