LCD Choice

suni

Standard Member
Reaction score
well just want to run a few lcd past the forum these are thE ones ive shortlisted

SAMSUNG LE32M61
TOSHIBA 32WLT58
PHILLIPS 32-PF9830
PANASONIC TX-32LXD500

Main things i want to know is which ones are best for xbox360 and dvd's. dont watch much telly so thats not really a problem. and can they all handle 1080i from the xbox 360...thanks

the ones im favouring is the sammy and panny

You'll get different views from everyone on what's best. I just bought the LE32M61 and think it's the best thing since sliced bread. The picture quality is fantastic. Someone else will say a different screen is great. I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever one you choose.

One thing I'd suggest is not setting the 360 to 1080i. The games are programmed to run best in 720p, setting the xbox to 1080i will mean the box scaling the output to 1080i then the telly scaling it back down to the 768p (1366x768). Might mean you lose some image quality on the way.

I do like the Sammy more than the others. With the games getting better will the telly output to 1080i with the 360?

I think all the tv's you listed will accept a 1080i signal.

the tosh and the panny have got great reviews althought the new panny 600/60 is out soon with better contrast and response rate

hummm new LX600? interesting. might have to wait then and see how that does

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom