1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD/Cable Remote Problem Solved

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by almara, Jan 18, 2005.

1. almara

almara
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I previously posted about the fact that following the purchase of a Sharp LC32GA3E the remote control for my cable box (NTL/Pace4100) ceased to work. I was advised by both NTL and Pace that this was a problem with LCD and plasma screens as the light emitted from these could interfere with the signal from the remote. After many attempts at a solution I contacted Sharp who suggested adjusting the backlight - surprisingly turning this up rather than reducing it - and this would appear to have worked. Hopefully, this will be helpful to anyone else experiencing the same problem.

2. docjan_uk

docjan_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Id rather not turn up the backlight as that effects picture quality and screen life... I found last night that a couple of small post it notes stuck over the remote receiver works wonders... works perfectly now as it cuts out reflected IR.

3. almara

almara
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I tried the "post it" solution but unfortunately it didn't work for me. Luckily, with the Sharp you have five separate AV selections which means that you can have different combinations of picture settings. I've turned up the backlight fully on one of these and use it only when I want to use the cable remote then switch back to my normal viewing setting.

4. docjan_uk

docjan_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm....did you play around with the positions and size and overlappings of the post its?
    It took me a while of finding just where the sensor was (crappy refurbed pace box dumped on us) and eventually I hit a sweet spot of size, positioning etc.

5. pfd

pfd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just bought the same TV and now i have the same problem with my Pace NTL box. Whereabouts exactly does one stick the tape on the box. i thought i was going mad with this problem!!!